Senior Software Developer
How you will make an impact…
You are someone who loves designing algorithms and data-flows for cloud-based distributed systems. You enjoy a mix of high-level design & programming implementation that will span cloud providers and technology stacks. Experience is not required in all of them, as learning on the job is expected and will be fully supported by the rest of the team. Our code base is mainly Java, a strong understanding of Java concepts and functionality is required.
- Strong problem-solving and exploration ability
- Ability to work with other developers and assist junior team members.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Monitor & analyze resources, APIs, & data in the cloud (AWS or GCP)
- Identify & prioritize areas that can be optimized, expanded, or redesigned
- Plan & act on these priorities in collaboration with other team members
Education & Experience
- Strong distributed systems background
- Experienced with at least one of: AWS or GCP
- Experienced with Java 8
- Experienced with any DI framework (Guice or Spring)
- Experienced with SQL Queries
Valuable Additional Skills:
- Apache Beam (Dataflow)
Together, three leaders in the telecom industry; Comlinkdata, Tutela and Opensignal, have recently come together to accelerate their mission of advancing connectivity for all. As a trifecta, we’ve created data and analytics solutions that deliver new levels of understanding about customers’ true network experience and what is really happening in the market so communications providers and other industry stakeholders can constantly optimize their actions.
Our solutions already create extraordinary outcomes for many top communications brands around the world and will create even more exciting opportunities as we bring them together in the future, uniquely enabling operators to link their network experience and market performance in a way that has never before been possible.
With offices in London, Boston and Victoria, British Columbia, we are truly international, with employees working across four continents and representing over 25 nationalities.
We believe we are stronger when we not only celebrate our many differences, values, and voices but include them in everyday practice. Having a diverse and inclusive culture is essential, which is why we offer a flexible approach to work-life balance, operating in a remote-hybrid way. We’ll help you get set up with the essentials you need to work from home or the office. We also offer an attractive range of additional benefits, including:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive group benefits package and company sponsored retirement savings plan (details depend on your country of work)
- Professional development opportunities: education reimbursement, facilitator-led training, workshops, knowledge bites (internal learning talks) and more!
- Generous holiday allowance, sick leave, parental leave, flexible working culture and the opportunity to work from abroad
- Charity matching, paid time off for community volunteering, mentorship, and DE&I program/committees
- Regular virtual and in-person events and socials
- We’ll support you to set up an effective home office environment
We would like to thank all applicants for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Tutela Technologies strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.