Tutela Technologies and Comlinkdata
Business Development Manager
Emerging Business · Victoria, British Columbia
How you will make an impact…
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for establishing and proactively growing new data partnerships to support business growth. You are a strategic thinker that can work within the Data Partnerships team to identify and develop strategic partnership opportunities to support business objectives.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic company where you can make your mark. This position reports directly to the Senior Director of Partnerships.
- Research and prospect data vendors that can contribute successfully to the company’s growth and strategy
- Develop and maintain an individual pipeline of prospects
- Develop and advise on strategy
- Effectively sell the company’s value proposition
- Managing independently a 360 sales cycle – from prospecting the market to closing the deal
- Successfully closing deals over various channels (phone, video conference, email, and travel )
- Working closely with Senior Leadership, Product, and R&D to support company objectives
- Reporting on activity and results weekly and quarterly to senior management
- 5 years of experience in Business Development; Partnerships Management or Sales experience is essential. B2B environment
- Experience in AdTech, iOTs, or equivalent data environment
- Confident prospector with evidence of creating demand that delivers substantial business value
- Ability to work with a variety of internal stakeholders efficiently (Legal, Product, Technical Account Management, Finance, etc)
- Expertise and confidence to converse with senior-level executives with the ability to gain instant credibility
- Experience collaborating with teams across the globe; flexible working hours will be required due to the varying time zones involved
- An enthusiastic self-starter who can hit the ground running
- Able to work with ambiguity and shifting priorities but also comfortable following internally defined processes and/or creating new ones
- Highly organized and self-efficient with strong attention to detail
- Articulate with excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Team player with a strong determination to succeed
- Fluent in English
- Experience with CRM tools (HubSpot), Confluence, and Jira a plus
Additional personal attributes:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and commercially astute
- Highly committed with the highest level of integrity
- Creative but focused on delivery
- Open and direct communication
- Enquiring and diligent
We believe we are stronger when we not only celebrate our many differences, values, and voices but include them in everyday practice. Having a diverse and inclusive culture is essential, which is why we offer a flexible approach to work-life balance, operating in a remote-hybrid way. We’ll help you get set up with the essentials you need to work from home or the office. We also offer an attractive range of additional benefits, including:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive group benefits package and company-sponsored retirement savings plan (details depend on your country of work)
- Professional development opportunities: education reimbursement, facilitator-led training, workshops, knowledge bites (internal learning talks), and more!
- Generous holiday allowance, sick leave, parental leave, flexible working culture, and the opportunity to work from abroad
- Charity matching, paid time off for community volunteering, mentorship, and DE&I program/committees
- Regular virtual and in-person events and socials
- We’ll support you to set up an effective home office environment
Together, three leaders in the telecom industry; Comlinkdata, Tutela, and Opensignal, have recently come together to accelerate their mission of advancing connectivity for all. As a trifecta, we’ve created data and analytics solutions that deliver new levels of understanding about customers’ true network experience and what is really happening in the market so communications providers and other industry stakeholders can constantly optimize their actions.
Our solutions already create extraordinary outcomes for many top communications brands around the world and will create even more exciting opportunities as we bring them together in the future, uniquely enabling operators to link their network experience and market performance in a way that has never before been possible.
With offices in London, Boston and Victoria, British Columbia, we are truly international, with employees working across four continents and representing over 25 nationalities.
We would like to thank all applicants for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.